RE: [xml-dev] which xml schema tools do it right concerning including attributes xml:lang and xml:space

From: <noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 16:23:14 -0400
To: "Dare Obasanjo" <dareo@microsoft.com>
Cc: "Henry S. Thompson" <ht@cogsci.ed.ac.uk>, "Stanley Guan" <stanley.guan@oracle.com>, xmlschema-dev@w3.org
I've only followed some of this thread.  That said:  isn't it reasonable
that I might want to define xml:lang, for purposes of my schema, as being
an enumeration of say  {en,fr}?   Why prevent that?

I think it would be a good thing if many parsers took switches to force
import, etc.  Of course, there can be no conflict among (global)
definitions of a given element or attribute.

One Rogers Street
Cambridge, MA 02142