Re: [xmlschema-dev] <none>

From: Eddie Robertsson <erobertsson@allette.com.au>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 11:37:48 +1000
To: ahmed ibrahim <miahmed67@yahoo.com>
CC: xmlschema-dev@w3.org
Hi,

> I am trying to use an <include> in my schema. the
> included schema is in another directory on my system.
> I have tried to give the location in the
> schemaLocation attribute of <include> but it did not
> help. Can anyone please give me some hint how to do it

It sounds like you're doing it correct. Remember that the value of the
schemaLocation attribute should be a URI pointing to the location of the
schema. Some validators will accept a normal system dependent path (e.g.
"c:\dir\1.xsd") but others require a URI (e.g. "file:/C:/dir/1.xsd")
See [1] for more info.

Cheers,
/Eddie

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-0/#ref23