Re: Default namespaces and <includes>

Cross checking my understanding, if I do use a default
namespace in an included schema that has no
target namespace, then chameleon processing will only
apply to the defs in the included file and not the
refs, since even if not prefixed, the refs will not have
a URI of {NONE}. Yes?

Thanks
Michael

                    ht@cogsci.ed.
                    ac.uk (Henry         To:     Mike_Leditschke@nemmco.com.au
                    S. Thompson)         cc:     xmlschema-dev@w3.org
                                         Subject:     Re: Default namespaces and <includes>
                    28/09/2001
                    11:43 PM

Mike_Leditschke@nemmco.com.au writes:

> So the two things I misunderstood were
>
> 1. Chameleon processing applies to BOTH def and refs.
>
> I got the def bit, but assumed that namespaces were the way
> refs were resolved. Hence my assumption that the default
> namespace carried into an included schema.
>
> 2. Chameleon processing happens AFTER namespace processing
>
> All the prefix info has been discarded and converted to equivalent URIs
> before the chameleon processing is applied. Chameleon processing
> as you describe it seems elegantly simple...
>
> Thanks (as always) for the help.

You're welcome -- your self-criticism above seems correct to me.

  Henry S. Thompson, HCRC Language Technology Group, University of
Edinburgh

This e-mail is confidential.  If you are not the intended recipient, any use, disclosure or copying of this document is unauthorised and prohibited.  If you have received this document in error, please delete the email and notify me by return email or by phoning the NEMMCO Helpdesk on 1300 300 295.