how do I express this content model?

From: Kevin Burges <xmldude@burieddreams.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 11:11:58 +0100
To: xmlschema-dev@w3.org
[warning: best seen with fixed width font]

Lets say I have <column> element. I want to have a content model like
this:

            ___ name (optional)
           /
column  ------- field OR formula (mandatory)
           \
            \-- width (optional)

Where the children can appear in any order.

what I would like is:
                  __ name (minOccurs=0)
                 /
                /                         __ field (minOccurs=1)
column --[ALL]-----[CHOICE minOccurs=1]--|__ formula (minOccurs=1)
                \
                 \__ width (minOccurs=0)

But it appears I cannot have a CHOICE section inside the ALL. Can this
not be done?

At the moment I have has to use SEQUENCE instrad of ALL. This
functionally gives me the correct constraints, but I would like for
order to not be important, hence trying to use ALL.

--
May the flares be with you,
 Kevin                    mailto:xmldude@burieddreams.com

++++++++++++ Cool music - http://burieddreams.com/marshan