Re: key/keyref problem and XSV

Bob Schloss wrote:

> I think this example is messy because 'key' is both the name of an element
> and the name of a 'unique'.  I wonder if the message from XSV is because
> the refer in the keyref is expected to point to a <key>, but it points to a
> <unique>.

It might not be a good practice, and it's just meant to be a repro case,
but...

1) The names for keys, elements, attributes, types, ... belong to
different "namespaces" (or should I say spaces of names to avoid
confusion with the XML namespaces? ) and can be reused.

2) A xs:keyref may refer to either a xs:key or a xs:unique (this is
valid per the W3C XML Schema recommendation).

Eric

--
See you in Scottsdale, Arizona.
      http://xmlconnections.com/xml/xmlfall2001/speakers.asp#evandervlist