Re: wildcard

Thanks a ton Eric. :-)

I have one more question, but, let me repeat my understanding first.
namespace = ##any |
            ##other |
            ListOf(anyURI , ##targetNamespace?) |
            ListOf(anyURI , ##local?)

where anyURI is a *set* of URI's and the '?' suffixed means optional.

Q:I am not very clear about 3.10.6. I mean, when will such case occur?. Given a
case the spec explains very well how to compute wildcard subset, attribute
wildcard union or intersection. But...

Can you or anybody else can explain this.

Cheers,
Rahul.

> Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 14:16:58 +0200
> From: Eric van der Vlist <vdv@dyomedea.com>
>
> Hi,
>
> Rahul Srivastava wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am sorry if this question has been asked before on this list.
> >
> > In the spec, 3.10.2, describing wildcard, it says:
> >
> > namespace = ((##any | ##other) | List of (anyURI | (##targetNamespace |
##local)) )

> > Here, actually the brackets confuse me!. Can I represent the above as:
> >
> > namespace = ##any | ##other | ListOf( anyURI | ##targetNamespace | ##local)
>

> Yes. I wasn't under the table, but my guess is that the brackets are
> coming from the way the schema for schema (from which most of the rec is
> generated) is defined but they are useless since
>
> (a or b) or c  == a or b or c.
>

> > If no, what meaning do these brackets add?.
> > If yes, then the above means, namespace can be either ##any or ##other or
ListOf(...)