Re: Catching node at undetermined depth in key

Guillaume Rousse <rousse@ccr.jussieu.fr> writes:

> > Not sure I understand what you mean.  Yes, fooKey is local to <foos>.
> > But you've said <foo id=''> only occurs inside <foos>, so what does
> > that matter?  Note that 'local to <foos>' does not mean 'catches only
> > immediated children of <foos>' -- the pattern './/foo' will find all
> > <foo > at any depth.

> I mean: if fooKey is local to <foos> element, can i refer to it for a keyref
> defined in either <bars> element (a <foos> sibling), or in root element ?
> "Local" for me means clearly no.

In that respect you're right.  If you want to target this key with a
keyref, sibling scopes are not good enough _for the keyref_.  It needs
to be on the root.  Doesn't matter, in this case, whether the key is
on <foos> or the root.

Remember: identity constraints are on the validity of the _scoping_
element, so everything you need to check them must be contained within
the (sub)tree rooted at instances of that element.

couldn't possibly succeed if it refered to a key scoped to <foos>.