Can a Global Element have a minOccurs and maxOccurs?

From: David Spriet <infostring@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001 17:49:12 -0800 (PST)
To: xmlschema-dev@w3.org
Is this valid?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
xmlns:test="http://test.com/test"
targetNamespace="http://test.com/test" >

  <element name="test" type="string" minOccurs="2"
maxOccurs="4"/>

</schema

Some people tell me yes and others say no.  I tested
it against IBM's XML Schema validator and it says yes.

I also looked in the SPEC and it says that only the
Particle holds the min and max Occurs and if this is
the case then this is not valid because Global
Elements do not have Particles.

Thanks
Dave Spriet

=====