[ANN] Free Windows tool supports XML Schema with embedded Schematron

From: Eddie Robertsson <eddie@allette.com.au>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 09:52:42 +1000
To: XSD <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>

We are happy to announce the latest release of the Topologi Schematron
a free Windows-based tool for validating XML documents using Schematron
schemas.  It also handles DTDs, W3C XML Schemas, and Schematron schemas
embedded in W3C XML Schemas.

It can be obtained from

The features of this release are:

  1) It uses Microsoft's MSXML 4  RTM library. Previous versions used
the beta MSXML;
      Microsoft sent us a pre-release MSXML 4 to make sure it would work
      Schematron.  I guess Schematron has a lot of edge cases that make
it a good torture test.
      MSXML 4 is very fast and seems a pretty good implementation.

  2) We support the schemaLocation attribute and DTDs using the DOCTYPE
     SYSTEM declaration. If you do not select a schema, the validator
will try
     to use those.

  3) Various bugs have been fixed: the window minimization bug, the
     RDF and generate Topic Maps.  The RDF schema has been improved.

If you have downloaded an earlier version, I will be emailing you the
of the upgrade so you don't have to re-register.

Otherwise, the validator is free to anyone who cares to register.