Re: xs:anyURI and xml:base

From: Eric van der Vlist <vdv@dyomedea.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 17:28:55 +0200
To: xmlschema-dev@w3.org
Henry S. Thompson wrote:

> Eric van der Vlist <vdv@dyomedea.com> writes:
>>If I may ask another confirmation, ... can you confirm that during the
>>transformation between its lexical and value spaces, the xs:anyURI
>>datatype doesn't pay any attention to xml:base declarations ?
> That's correct.  That's for applications to do (or not do).

My purpose was not to try to trap you, but I have re-read the
recommendation and it makes a clear and normative reference to XLink:

"The mapping from anyURI values to URIs is as defined in Section 5.4
Locator Attribute of [XML Linking Language]"

and XLinks is also very clear (in the section 5.4 which is mentioned)

"If the URI reference is relative, its absolute version must be computed by the method of [XML Base] before use."

It's thus misleading if W3C XML Schema doesn't compute the absolute
version and I would suggest to add a sentence mentioning it.

> ht

Rendez-vous  Paris pour le Forum XML.