Re: Validity constraint: ID Attribute Default in XML Schema.

From: KAZUMI Saito <ksaito@jp.fujitsu.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 09:53:40 +0900
To: Jeni Tennison <jeni@jenitennison.com>
Cc: xmlschema-dev@w3.org
Thanks for your reply.

In message "Re: Validity constraint: ID Attribute Default in XML Schema.",
Jeni Tennison wrote...
 >Hi Kazumi,
 >
 >> What is correspond to "Validity constraint: ID Attribute Default" in
 >> the XML 1.0 about the XML Schema. I can't find it.
 >
 >I think you're referring to http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml#id-default
 >which reads:
 >
 >  Validity constraint: ID Attribute Default
 >
 >  An ID attribute must have a declared default of #IMPLIED or
 >  #REQUIRED.

Yes.

XML Schema 1.0 does not constrain such things ?  Can I declear
the attribute which has the use attribute without the value 'required'
as following ?

<xs:attribute name='id-type-attr' type='xs:ID' use='optional' />

-----
 KAZUMI Saito  FUJITSU Ltd.