Re: Including schemas with no targetnamespace

From: Jeni Tennison <jeni@jenitennison.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 10:22:25 +0100
To: Kohsuke KAWAGUCHI <kohsuke.kawaguchi@Sun.COM>
CC: Jeff Lowery <jlowery@scenicsoft.com>, xmlschema-dev@w3.org
Kohsuke Kawagushi wrote:
> I do think that the chameleon feature is error-prone. All I wanted
> to point out is that the spec has a significant problem on this
> issue, and it's not going to be easy to fix it.

The main place where it's horribly broken is in identity constraints.
XPaths don't use the default namespace, so an XPath that selects
elements/attributes in a particular namespace has to use prefixes
associated with that namespace. If you want to use an identity
constraints in a chameleon schema then you have to edit the XPaths in
the identity constraints so that they use prefixes and the prefixes
are associated with the target namespace of the including schema.

Cheers,

Jeni

---
Jeni Tennison