Re: Including schemas with no targetnamespace

From: Kohsuke KAWAGUCHI <kohsuke.kawaguchi@sun.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 12:49:01 -0700
To: ht@cogsci.ed.ac.uk (Henry S. Thompson), Jeff Lowery <jlowery@scenicsoft.com>, xmlschema-dev@w3.org

> Another way to think of it is that the schema is built, connections
> made, etc., and _then_ <include>d.  <include> is _not_ a textual
> inclusion, it is specified and must be implemented at the component
> level.

This is interesting, as I think such a "repairing" is only possible by
textual inclusion.

In the table of section 3.3.2, the spec says:

> otherwise (the <element> element information item has <complexType> or
> <group> as an ancestor and the ref [attribute] is present), the
> corresponding schema component is as follows:

> {term}
>     The (top-level) element declaration *resolved* to by the *actual
>     value* of the ref [attribute].

Since you are saying that inclusion is done at the component level,

     <xsd:element ref="color"/>

has to be compiled into a Particle component, whose "term" property is
("","color") before the inclusion takes place.

Now would you tell me when in the inclusion process this term property
is modified to ("http://www.example.com/fruitbasket","color")? And where
in the spec is that stated?

regards,
--
Kohsuke KAWAGUCHI                          +1 650 786 0721
Sun Microsystems                   kohsuke.kawaguchi@sun.com