Re: Relative order of memberTypes and embedded simple type definition.

From: Jeni Tennison <jeni@jenitennison.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 17:36:08 +0100
To: Eric van der Vlist <vdv@dyomedea.com>
CC: xmlschema-dev@w3.org
Hi Eric,

> From my reading of the rec, both a memberTypes attribute and
> embedded local simple type definitions can be used in a single
> derivation by union and I'd like to know in which relative order
> they will be evaluated when it is the case.

In Section 4.1.2.3 (Derivation by union) of the XML Schema Datatypes
spec, {member type definitions} is defined as:

  The sequence of Simple Type Definition components resolved to by the
  items in the actual value of the memberTypes [attribute], if any, in
  order, followed by the Simple Type Definition components resolved to
  by the <simpleType> [children], if any, in order.

So the memberTypes attribute first, embedded simple type definitions
second, I think.

Cheers,

Jeni

---