Re: [xsl] XML Schema/XSL conflict (can't differentiate unqualified locals)?

From: David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 20:35:26 +0100
To: xsl-list@lists.mulberrytech.com
CC: xsl-list@lists.mulberrytech.com, xmlschema-dev@w3.org

> Thus, in the following document, there is, to my knowledge (such as it is), no
> way to differentiate the two 'spam' elements from different namespaces
> (at least without including enough of the ancestors to get back to a
> qualified global) in an XSL stylesheet.  Am I missing something?

they are not spam from different namespaces. they are both spam elements
that are not in any namespace. If you want to specify a rule for this
spam element when it appears as a child of the test1 namespace, then
something like

<xsl:template match="t1:*//spam">

may surfice, or if you need to protect against t2 elements being nested
in t1 elements, then a slightly more complicated expression involving
namespace-uri().

David