Re: xsv attribute name attribute error

On Mon, 1 Oct 2001, Robert A. (Bob) Morris wrote:

> It appears that xsv fails to detect a disallowed trailing space in the
> name attribute of an <xsd:attribute> at least in an
> <xsd:attributeGroup>
>

> xsv applied to the pair
>
> http://www.cs.umb.edu/~ram/tmp/xhliu1.xml
> http://www.cs.umb.edu/~ram/tmp/xhliu1.xsd
>
> will illustrate this.

Professor, I tried to apply the pair

 http://www.cs.umb.edu/~ram/tmp/xhliu1.xml
 http://www.cs.umb.edu/~ram/tmp/xhliu1.xsd

on http://www.w3.org/2001/03/webdata/xsv. It give me the warning messages:

http://www.cs.umb.edu/~xhliu1/XMLDir.xsd:3:34: Warning: attempt to
overwrite type {None}FileType, ignored

http://www.cs.umb.edu/~xhliu1/XMLDir.xsd:6:27: Warning: attempt to
overwrite type {None}DirectoryType, ignored

http://www.cs.umb.edu/~xhliu1/XMLDir.xsd:17:20: Warning: attempt to
overwrite attributeGroup {None}FileAttributes, ignored

http://www.cs.umb.edu/~xhliu1/XMLDir.xsd:26:30: Warning: attempt to
overwrite element {None}Directory, ignored

http://www.cs.umb.edu/~xhliu1/XMLDir.xsd:27:61: Warning: attempt to
overwrite element {None}File, ignored

I think the problem is that I specified the
xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="http://www.cs.umb.edu/~xhliu1/XMLDir.xsd"
in my XML document, therefore, the validator will automatically take
http://www.cs.umb.edu/~xhliu1/XMLDir.xsl as the X-schema location. But in
the validation, I apply http://cs.umb.edu/~ram/tmp/xhliu1.xsl as the
x-schema doc, there is a duplication. Therefore, there are some warning
messages about http://www.cs.umb.edu/~xhliu/XMLDir.xsl, not about
http://www.cs.umb.edu/~ram/tmp/xhliu1.xsl. (actually both files are same ,
just in different location). If you only apply to
http://www.cs.umb.edu/~ram/tmp/xhliu1.xml, and the validator will
automatically locate the x-schma, and there is no warning messAage.

> you also wrote:

> Xerces 1.4.3 reports
> invalid attribute value for 'name' in ellement 'attribute':
>   Value 'ExecutablePermission ' is not a valid NCName

I can not see why 'ExecutablePermission' is not a valid NCName.

Thanks!

Xianghui Liu