Re: Defining schema of schema

On Fri, 2001-11-02 at 10:13, Jean-Baptiste GUILLOIS wrote:

> I am trying to define a schema for a schema (that is, to implement
> metamodel, model and model instance concepts) and i am stuck !
> Do i need to redefine the X3C schema syntax or can i use my own
> "vocabuylary" that is name space and so on..
I'm not sure what you mean when you talk about these three levels..

When I went through the learning curve, I started with a piece of
example data (an Instance Document), then made a schema to fint it.

The big things that I learnt were all in the main (root) element:
In my schema document:
<schema xmlns = "http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
         targetNamespace = "http://lucas.ucs.ed.ac.uk/test/"
         xmlns:my = "http://lucas.ucs.ed.ac.uk/test/"
         xmlns:xsd = "http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
         version = "0.4"
         elementFormDefault = "qualified">

In this, the xsd namespace is hardwired into the various Parsers (and
validators)

In my Instance Document:
<my:ROOT
   xmlns:xsi = "http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
   xsi:schemaLocation = "http://lucas.ucs.ed.ac.uk/test/ my.xsd"
   xmlns:my="http://lucas.ucs.ed.ac.uk/test/">

Here, the xsd & xsi namespaces are hardwired, and the xsi:schemaLocation
defines where to find the extra stuff, tagged with the "my" namespace.

Hope this helps..
--
--==++
Ian Stuart: Edinburgh University Data Library.

 Personal web site: http://lucas.ucs.ed.ac.uk/