Re: Schema being imported multiple times

Mark Feblowitz <mfeblowitz@frictionless.com> writes:

> I'm not sure if I saw it in the spec or in an xmlschema-dev discussion, but
> I recall seeing that duplications cannot be handled at a file level - they
> must be handled on a definition-by-definition basis, comparing each for
> equivalence (or is it identity?). If that is the case, then tools would be
> "cheating" by simply looking at file references.

The NOTE at the end of section 4.2.1 [1] reads as follows:

  "The above is carefully worded so that multiple <include>ing of the
  same schema document will not constitute a violation of clause 2 of
  Schema Properties Correct (3.15.6), but applications are allowed,
  indeed encouraged, to avoid <include>ing the same schema document
  more than once to forestall the necessity of establishing identity
  component by component."

ht

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-1/#compound-schema