Derivation by restriction

From: Eddie Robertsson <eddie@allette.com.au>
Date: Tue, 08 May 2001 15:17:09 +1000
To: XSD <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>
Hi,

I sent this to www-xml-schema-comments@w3.org a couple of days ago and I
thought I'd cross post it to this list as well.

In the section for restriction in the Primer (4.4) it reads (last
sentence before the example):

"Notice that types derived by restriction must repeat all the components
of the base type definition that are to be included in the derived
type:"

However, I don't believe this is true for attributes. Isn't it true that
even if you omit the attribute component in the restricted type the
attribute is still copied from the base type anyway?
If this is not the case I don't see the use of 'use=restricted' for
attributes. This have also been discussed on the mailing list [1]

Cheers,
/Eddie

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/xmlschema-dev/2001Feb/0162.html