Current Status of XSV: shadowing of elementFormDefault

From: Roger L. Costello <costello@mitre.org>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 05:49:26 -0500
To: xmlschema-dev@w3.org, costello@mitre.org, jeffrafter@earthlink.net
I was recently pointed to an interesting item on the web page for the
current status of XSV.  It states:

"Handle shadowing of e.g. elementFormDefault in <include>d schemas
correctly"

Can someone please tell me what this means?  It seems to be saying that
the value of elementFormDefault in an including schema overrides
(shadows) the value of elementFormDefault in the schema that it is
including.  As far as I know, a schema's elementFormDefault is never
overridden (shadowed) by another schema.  Can someone explain this
please?  /Roger