Re: Don't understand an error message from XSV

From: Henry S. Thompson <ht@cogsci.ed.ac.uk>
Date: 28 Mar 2001 10:52:42 +0100
To: Michael McLay <mclay@nist.gov>
Cc: xmlschema-dev@w3.org
Michael McLay <mclay@nist.gov> writes:

> I am working with IPC (http://www.ipc.org/) on the development of schema.
> The first project is a set of schemas that define a file format for
> exchanging design information of printed circuit board and printed circuit
> assembly products.  About half of the 20+ schemas have been completed.
>
> I've found the Primer to be most helpful, but some of the terminology used in
> the "XML Schema Part 1: Structures" has been difficult to interpret.  I am
> currently stumped by an error message from the XSV that has something to do
> with the document root.  A search through Part 1 describes the root document
> in the context of ID and IDREF.  I have no ID or IDREF definitions in my
> document. The documentation is not helping in understanding what is
> considered incorrect in an XML Schema and XML instance file.

<snip>

>   Attempt to import a schema document from
>  http://webstds.ipc.org/dev/2511B.01.xsd for
>  http://webstds.ipc.org/dev/2511B.01.xsd, failed

This is the crux of your problem -- 2511B.01.xsd is not a valid schema
per the new PR spec, it uses the wrong namespace.  If you go back to
the older validator [1] you will get a more appropriate service.
Alternatively, use [2] to forward-convert your old schemas.

ht

[1] http://www.w3.org/2000/09/webdata/xsv
[2] http://www.w3.org/2001/03/webdata/xsu