Fwd: XENC use of ds:KeyInfo

From: Joseph M. Reagle Jr. <reagle@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 19:06:33 -0500
To: xmlschema-dev@w3.org

I recently returned to this question of extending a type that originally had
a ANY as a permitted child (and the subsequent problems resulting from the
ambiguous content model.)

Hopefully, my new formulation [a] will enable a kind sole to point me in the
right direction. (Attempts to have encryption redefine the meaning of the
dsig namespace before importation seemed a bit complex, or more complex
given this is something I'd like for other applications to easily do.)

[a] http://www.w3.org/Encryption/2001/03/sigenc/#Option3

Forwarded Text ----
>Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 19:02:42 -0500
>To: "XML Encryption WG " <xml-encryption@w3.org>
>From: "Joseph M. Reagle Jr." <reagle@w3.org>
>Subject: XENC use of ds:KeyInfo
>Cc: "IETF/W3C XML-DSig WG" <w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org>
>
>I've posted a small analysis [1] of the options we have with respect to
>reusing ds:KeyInfo. In the end, the XML Encryption WG could go the easy
>route and opt for option 1/2. However, I personally think this is slightly
>unfortunate and I think the dsig spec/schema should permit extensions as
>shown in option 3, but I'm not quite sure how to do it given dsig's use of
>ANY.
>
>All thoughts are welcome.
>
>http://www.w3.org/Encryption/2001/03/sigenc/
End Forwarded Text ----