XSV - support for datatypes: when?

From: Roger L. Costello <costello@mitre.org>
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2001 08:12:06 -0500
To: xmlschema-dev@w3.org, costello@mitre.org
I just downloaded the latest version of XSV (XSV11a).  I have only run a
few tests but it looks good.  I am especially happy to see support for
type substitution.

I am wondering when there will be support for checking the datatypes of
the data in instance documents?  (e.g., when will it flag "xxx1997" as
an invalid year?)  XSV11a seems to have regressed from previous
versions.  Previous versions didn't do much in the way of type checking,
but at least it checked regular expressions.  Now it doesn't even do
that.  When can we expect datatype support in XSV?  /Roger