Re: keyRef scope and Xerces Parser !?

Eric van der Vlist wrote:

> I should have said "scoping element" rather than "element", but my
> understanding is that the PSVI key/keyref tables are both local to the
> scoping element and that, therefore, the matching between key/unique and
> keyref can only be done at this location.

Actually, this is a point noted as ambiguous by Xerces-J [1]:

"We have interpreted the specs as requiring <keyref> Identity
Constraints to refer to <key> or <unique> identity constraints within
the scope of the elements to which the <keyref> is attached. This
interpretation is at variance with the Schema Primer, which contains an
example with a <keyref> declared on an element used inside the element
of its corresponding <key>;"

[1] http://xml.apache.org/xerces-j/schema.html

Eric
--
Pour y voir plus clair dans la nebuleuse XML...
                                          http://dyomedea.com/formation/