Re: Constructing new cocatenated element content

Bjoern Martin wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I would like to represent an element in XML which represents the JDBC
> timestamp format. It slightly differs from xs:dateTime (JDBC timestamp
> is "CCYY-MM-DD hh:mm:ss", but xs:dateTime is "CCYY-MM-DDThh:mm:ss"). I
> thought of concatenating the schema datatypes xs:date and xs:time,
> separated by a blank.
> I would appreciate any hint on this. Thx!

Unfortunately, there is no way to concatenate two datatypes!

I don't see any solution except to define the datatype as a string and
to restrict it through patterns.

Note that you would loose the datetime "semantic", though.

Can't you remove this space somewhere in your process ? it would avoid
this pain!

Hope this helps.

Eric

--
Pour y voir plus clair dans la nebuleuse XML...
                                          http://dyomedea.com/formation/