Re: Handling Ampersands

From: Eric van der Vlist <vdv@dyomedea.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 08:12:23 +0200
To: xmlschema-dev@w3.org
Martin Duerst wrote:

> At 17:07 01/06/20 +0200, Eric van der Vlist wrote:
> >If this transformation is done through XSLT into a HTML href element,
> >the XSLT processor will take care of unescaping the "&amp;"...
>
> The XSLT processor will temporarily (for internal processing)
> unescape the &amp;, but put it back in again when producing
> the HTML. HTML requires it as much as XML.

Ooops, my mistake. I meant that the HTML output method would tale care
to escape non ASCII characters in attributes where a URI is expected and
that it could rely on it, but this is a different issue.

Sorry for the confusion.

Eric

--
Pour y voir plus clair dans la nebuleuse XML...
                                          http://dyomedea.com/formation/