Re: Handling Ampersands

Martin Duerst wrote:

> At 17:07 01/06/20 +0200, Eric van der Vlist wrote:
> >If this transformation is done through XSLT into a HTML href element,
> >the XSLT processor will take care of unescaping the "&"...
>
> The XSLT processor will temporarily (for internal processing)
> unescape the &, but put it back in again when producing
> the HTML. HTML requires it as much as XML.

Ooops, my mistake. I meant that the HTML output method would tale care
to escape non ASCII characters in attributes where a URI is expected and
that it could rely on it, but this is a different issue.

Sorry for the confusion.

Eric

--
Pour y voir plus clair dans la nebuleuse XML...
                                          http://dyomedea.com/formation/