RE: Question about combination of xsi:type and import

Hi,

thanks for the response.

But that does not solve our problem:

[...]

> 4) Instance document: treeWithExtendedLeaf.xml
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <!-- edited with XML Spy v3.5 NT (http://www.xmlspy.com) by Pierre G.
> Boutquin (Veredex Logistics) -->
> <tree:tree xmlns:tree="urn:tree" xmlns:extLeaf="urn:extLeaf"
> xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2000/10/XMLSchema-instance"
> xsi:schemaLocation="urn:extLeaf extLeaf.xsd">
> 	<tree:leaf xsi:type="extLeaf:extendedLeafType">
> 		<tree:name>eins</tree:name>
> 		<extLeaf:info>Test</extLeaf:info>
> 	</tree:leaf>
> </tree:tree>

In the instance document you use the "urn:extLeaf" namespace.
That's what I want to avoid. I want to use the "base" namespace ("urn:tree")
because there is a possible unlimited number of "extension" namespaces.
I just want to reference to the other type via xsd:type.

I think what I want is an "open content model" like with "##any" but
to restrict the elements to subtypes of some known basetype.

Is this possible with XSD ?

Oliver Geisser
System Architect
CEYONIQ AG