Global Vs Root Element.

From: Venkateswar Wunnava <wvsvenkat@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 14:44:33 -0400 (EDT)
To: <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>
Hi,

 I am not too familiar with XML. Can some one tell me what is the difference between Global Elements and Root Elements. From what I understand from XMLSchema specification, we cannot impose any cardinality constraints on Global Elements. They can occur with multiple instances as top level elements. I am confused how they are different from Root Element, which can be only one element. Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Venkateswar.