Re: Email type

From: <Noah_Mendelsohn@lotus.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 19:00:05 -0400
To: Roman Rytov <roman@davinci.co.il>
Cc: "'xmlschema-dev@w3.org'" <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>, www-xml-schema-comments@w3.org
Roman Rytov writes:

>> Does a type for e-mail exist in "xsd" datatypes?
>> If no is there any easyer way to define it
>> comparing to the next definition:
>>
>> <xsd:simpleType name="ZEmail">
>>         <xsd:restriction base="xsd:string">
>>                 <xsd:pattern value=".+@.+[.]+.+"/>
>>         </xsd:restriction>
>> </xsd:simpleType>

Not exactly what you're asking for, but there is a type for URI references
which should be easily restrictable using a regular expression pattern to
mailto:  only.   One might argue that to be a somewhat more web-centric
solution, but I'm not sure it meets your needs.  I'm not aware of anyone
who has created a standard name for such a type in a type library, but it
might be a good idea.

One Rogers Street
Cambridge, MA 02142