Re: Date

From: Eric van der Vlist <vdv@dyomedea.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2001 17:30:36 +0200
To: Jeff Rafter <jeffrafter@definedweb.com>
Cc: xmlschema-dev@w3.org
Jeff Rafter wrote:

> [snip]
>
> > and to consider the datatype as ordered (might be useful for XPath 2.0).
>
> Good point-- does this mean that an optional Time Zone Qualifier should be
> added as well as in the current date types?

It would be nice, but I don't see how we could do it.

We wouldn't be able to keep the hack of using a decimal datatype with a
Time Zone Qualifier within the field itself and if we added it as an
attribute, we would have inconsistent results when sorting values with
different time zones.

Or have I missed something ?

Thanks

Eric