Re: key/keyref problem

"WATKIN-JONES,ADAM (HP-UnitedKingdom,ex1)" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> My head is sore from bashing it against a brick wall so I hope someone can
> help me with this!

I think I can :=) at least to point a couple of issues...

> Below is some XML, a schema and the output from XSV when I try to validate.
>
> I am trying to express a key/keyref constraint but I always get an XSV
> error.  I have tried altering the position of the xsd:keyref and xsd:key
> elements in case it is some sort of scoping problem but with no success.

Your scoping is good and I suspect a more trivial reason!

.../...

> <xsd:key name="mykey">
> <xsd:selector xpath="k1:keys/k1:key"/>
> <xsd:field xpath="@id"/>
> </xsd:key>
>
> <xsd:keyref name="dummy1" refer="k1:mykey">

If I change this to:

<xsd:keyref name="dummy1" refer="mykey">

XSV doesn't complain any longer.

Now, what's weird is that the rec mentions refer as a QName:

<keyref
 id = ID
 name = NCName
 refer = QName
 {any attributes with non-schema namespace . . .}>
 Content: (annotation?, (selector, field+))
</keyref>

OTH, since key and keyrefs need to be defined side by side in the same
element, I wonder what is the reason for allowing a QName here since I
don't see how you could refer a key defined for another namespace.

The rec also says that the refer should be QName resolved and my bet
would be that you are right and that it's a SCV bug.

I am still confused, though ;) ...

Hope this helps.

Eric
--