RE: comparing two elements

From: David E. Cleary <davec@progress.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 09:22:25 -0500
To: "Vincent Buonomano" <vincent@correionet.com.br>, <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>
> I wanted to confirm that I am understanding the specification correctly
> that there is no way to compare two simple elements.
>
> For example,  I have two positive integers where the second integer must
> always be larger than the first.

Those are called co-occurance constraints and they are not supported in this
version of XML Schema. However, it is possible for you to add appliction
specific data to your schema either through appInfo or the use of non-native
attributes that sets up these relationships. It would then be up to your
application to perform this application specific validation.

David Cleary
Progress Software