Re: Unknown prefix xml?

From: Martin Gudgin <marting@develop.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 10:29:48 -0000
To: "Eric van der Vlist" <vdv@dyomedea.com>
Cc: "XML Schema Dev" <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>
Just to be sure... You are saying I have to put

    xmlns:xml='http://www.w3.org/XML/1998/namespace'

in my schema document? That seems very weird. The xml namespace prefix is always in scope, why
should I have to declare it. MSXML sees this as an error, complaing that the prefix xml is invalid.
Xerces and Oracle accept it. Either way it doesn't solve my problem. A modified schema with the
above declaration still gives the same error[3]

Gudge

[3] http://marting.develop.com/xsd/xmlspace.mod.xsd