Re: Unknown prefix xml?

From: Eric van der Vlist <vdv@dyomedea.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 10:27:13 +0100
To: Martin Gudgin <marting@develop.com>
CC: XML Schema Dev <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>
Martin Gudgin wrote:

> I'm getting an 'attribute type check failed for {None}:ref: xml:space has undeclared prefix: xml'
> error using XSV1.1a with the schema at[1]. Full XSV output is at[2].
>
> I don't *think* I should have to declare the xml prefix inside my schema, should I?

Yes you have ;=) ...

You need to define its namespace as
"http://www.w3.org/XML/1998/namespace".

You don't **need** to specify a schame location for this namespace since
a schema validator will find a schema for this namespace by
dereferencing the URI.

If you don't specify a schema location, it will mean though that your
schema processor will perform an access to this location each time it
validates the schema (unless it's using a cache).

Erix