Re: Mixed content and simpleType

From: Henry S. Thompson <ht@cogsci.ed.ac.uk>
Date: 17 Jan 2001 15:11:30 +0000
To: Michael Anderson <michael@research.canon.com.au>
Cc: "xmlschema-dev@w3.org" <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>
Michael Anderson <michael@research.canon.com.au> writes:

> "Henry S. Thompson" wrote:
> <snip>
>

> > [1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-1/#coss-ct
> > --
> >

> Sorry, I must admit I'm having trouble finding the relevant section.
> Is it clause 1.1.5 (with the Note)?  Is it saying that if you
> re-order your ancestors in any order then the complexType still
> needs to be a valid extension of its new base type???  This would
> plug the loophole of extending a restriction of a type with final =
> extension,.... but I don't think that is what 1.1.5 is saying.

It's 1.1.4 that is relevant, if I remember your initial question correctly.

1.1.4  Either the {content type} of the {base type definition} and the
       {content type} of the complex type definition itself must be the same
       simple type definition, or else the {content type} of the complex type
       definition itself must specify a particle and either the {content
       type} of the {base type definition} must be empty or
    1.1.4.1  both {content type}s must be mixed or both must be element-only;
    1.1.4.2  the particle of the complex type definition must be a valid
        extension of the {base type definition}'s particle, as defined in
        Particle Valid (Extension) (5.10).