Re: Forcing a certain document element

From: Robert Braddock <stormwarden@bigfoot.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 16:29:09 -0600
To: xmlschema-dev@w3.org
> <xsl:element ref="ns:elt/>
> the element will belong to the namespace prefixed by "ns".

> <xsl:element name="elt" type="ns:type"/>
> The element is either from the target namespace of your current schema
> or unqualified.

Ah, that's what you meant. That's the reason I'm using global types instead
of elements--so I can keep the elements unqualified and not have to specify
every namespace in every instance doc...

You can still declare global element(s) using the types, and reference those
in other schemas when you want to keep the namespace qualification, but if
the types are all wrapped in element declarations, then there's no option to
use the second mechanism (which I need).

I hope people will design with this in mind--especially the W3C.

Robert Braddock