Re: redefinition errors

From: Henry S. Thompson <ht@cogsci.ed.ac.uk>
Date: 10 Jan 2001 15:04:43 +0000
To: MarkH@i2.co.uk
Cc: xmlschema-dev@w3.org
MarkH@i2.co.uk writes:

> So just to confirm that I've got it now... am I right to conclude that once
> we've reached a <sequence> I'm stuffed? That is, once I've got something
> like
>
> <items>
>  <sequence>
>   <elements>
>  </sequence>
> </items>
>
> Then there is nowhere within the children of that sequence that it will be
> possible to have same name elements of different type?

No, we're still on different pages -- the scope is determined in the
_schema_, specifically in the complex type definition, not in the
instance.  The elements explicitly, indirectly or implicitly appearing
in the content model are the potential conflict set, _not_ extending
to element which may appear inside them as a result of _their_ content
models.