RE: redefinition errors

From: <MarkH@i2.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 12:15:44 -0000
To: ht@cogsci.ed.ac.uk
Cc: xmlschema-dev@w3.org

Yes, thanks. And that appears to rule it out throughout a document since all
elements in a document will always share a common model group at the top of
the hierarchy?

On my travels I read the bit about the scope under "definition of an
element" [2] - which indeed says that the scope is indeed a content model.
If you then look up content model you find that

   A particle can be used in a complex type definition to constrain the
   validation of the [children] of an element information item; such a
   particle is called a content model. [3]

And you'll be under the impression that the scope can be restricted to allow
multiple elements with same name, different type, so long as the scope is
restricted to a "particle" (such as <sequence>).

And then (with Henry's help) you find the restriction which precludes this
[1]!!!

Life is full of disappointments that make it interesting!! :-)

Mark
--
Mark Hughes
  Agile HTML Editor

PS ht - intelligence not insulted - in tact and whirring away along with
good humour. have a brill day!

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-1/#cos-element-consistent
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-1/#Element_Declaration_details
[3] http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-1/#key-contentModel)