Re: Definitive validator of instances against schemas

From: Henry S. Thompson <ht@cogsci.ed.ac.uk>
Date: 04 Jan 2001 17:19:22 +0000
To: MarkH@i2.co.uk
Cc: xmlschema-dev@w3.org
MarkH@i2.co.uk writes:

> Is there a definitive instance validator that uses W3C Rec schemas?

No.

> If not when are we likely to see one

Never.  By which I mean, the W3C has never (as far as I know) produced
anything labelled as a reference implementation of any of its
standards, certainly not any of its XML standards, and there are no
plans to produce one for XML Schema as far as I know.

> or will we have to rely on commercial
> validators?

Two of the currently available validators are free.

See first the existing list at http://www.w3.org/XML/Schema.html