content of <appinfo>

From: Vincent Buonomano <vincent@correionet.com.br>
Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2001 19:11:02 -0200
To: "xmlschema-dev@w3.org" <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>
Hello,

	My problem is that I wanted to use markup for parsing convenience in
the appinfo element to pass some information to an application.  For
example:

<element name="someField" type="string">
	<annotation><appinfo>
		<tableName>nameOfATable</tableName>
	</appinfo></annotation>
</element>

I was assuming that a schema validator wouldn't process the contents of
appinfo.
XMLSpy flags tableName as undefined.  I am confused as to exactly what
the specifications say.

The schema is being used by the application to construct XML from a
relational data base.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Vincent Buonomano