Re: Complex Type Definition Schema Component (Structures)

From: Jeff Rafter <jeffrafter@definedweb.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 15:12:13 -0800
To: <Noah_Mendelsohn@lotus.com>
Cc: <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>
Noah,

> By the way, several early users commented positively on the degree to
which, in
> spite of it being a non-goal,  the components were effective in helping to
> organize an attack on the fundamental problem of parsing schema documents:
> figuring out how to organize the information in a useful way.

I fully agree-- I think that section 3 is a solid roadmap for starting a set
of classes .  I think that section 4 follows with how those classes are used
very well.  I have noted the absence of implementation details and
programming samples without much remorse-- I was merely commenting that if
it were a goal this may be one of the few changes I would shout for.  That
being said, and it not being a goal, is there a strong reason that such a
small modification should not be made (thus voiding any hope of it being a
goal in the future)?  Perhaps I am just not thinking of an implementation
where the two properties need to be combined.  Perhaps it is late in the
game to be asking for changes (even if they are small).  Either way I am
very happy overall, despite some moanings-- I think it is a great spec.

Thanks again everyone,
Jeff Rafter