Re: Complex Type Definition Schema Component (Structures)

From: Jeff Rafter <jeffrafter@definedweb.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2001 09:56:32 -0800
To: "Henry S. Thompson" <ht@cogsci.ed.ac.uk>
Cc: "Jason Diamond" <jason@injektilo.org>, <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>
> As Jason says, you can't be strict about this in a strongly typed
> language.  XSV uses two instance variables just as you suggest, and
> Python isn't even strongly typed :-).

That makes sense, thanks for the replies.  However, I am left wondering-- is
it too late to make a change of this nature?  Again it is clear that none of
us needed it to be in the spec. itself, but it seems as though there is
consensus that it doesn't implement straight across.  I didn't come across
any other section of the structures that posed the same problem (with the
exception maybe of pairs vs. lists vs. a single string in some cases).

Thanks again,
Jeff Rafter
Defined Systems
http://www.defined.net