Re: xmlspy: does ##other apply to only subsequent target ns

From: Francis Norton <francis@redrice.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 09:17:09 +0000
To: "Joseph M. Reagle Jr." <reagle@mit.edu>
CC: xmlschema-dev@w3.org
"Joseph M. Reagle Jr." wrote:

> I'm playing with XMLSpy and its validator (thought there is a schema
> question in here), and it objects to the following instance:
> <KeyInfo>
>   <KeyRetrievalMethod URI="someKey"
>    Type="http://www.w3.org/2001/02/xmlenc#EncryptedKey"/>
> </KeyInfo>

Unless you're using a later version of XML Spy than 3.5 production, it
may be worth checking the readme.txt:

    + the following XML Schema components are not yet fully implemented
inside the validator core:
        - unique, key, keyref
        - redefine
        - final
        - use=prohibited
        - block, nullable, xsi:null
        - user-defined duration and period facets (the built-in types
are, however, fully supported)

(I too discovered this the hard way - from sending in a bug report on
redefine)

Francis.