Re: Tool: Free Simple XML/DTD/Schema Generator

Martin Duerst wrote:
> Nice, but I just tried a very simple example, and
> the Schema shows minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"
> even if I set 'occurs' to 'once'. Any reason for that?

Hi, Martin.  The last edition of the generator used
those as default values for the sample schema, but
I have now added code so all DTD-style occurrences
(?,*,+) are also set to their corresponding values
in the XML schema according to the latest W3C XML
Schema Candidate Recommendation guidelines.  You
will need to reload this web page to see the latest
edition:  http://rtiess.tripod.com/dtdxml.htm

Thank you very much for checking it out.  Not too
many schema generators are out there, so I hope
the W3C will find this to be a suitable addition
to their tools section.  Since many XML developers
are now porting DTDs to schemas and other XML
students just learning XML are now becoming aware
of schemas, this program can provide a conceptual
bridge between DTD/Schema, demonstrating how the
same data can be expressed in either form and
ultimately in XML.

Robert

rjtiess@warwick.net
http://rtiess.tripod.com