dtd objects and duplicate element names

From: John Weller <jweller@gfs.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 12:53:31 -0500
To: <xmledi-group@disa.org>, <xml-dbms@egroups.com>, <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>
We are creating internal company dtds and noticed that whenever we send a customer message and many others, we also need to send customer relationship manager dtd.  We tried to have the customer_relationship_manager its own dtd and include in many other dtds, but are getting errors on duplicate element names/namespaces.

Has anybody else tried to have re-usable dtds that are included in other dtds? and if so, how did you get around this problem?

thanks in advance
.

John Weller
Gordon Food Service