partial validation with Schema and DTD ??]]

hi,

I konw that i can refer both to DTD and schema from same xml document (using
DOCTYPE and schemanamespaces)..

But my question was different....sorry my fault.....ok let me reframe my
question...

lets say i have any xml document which has 4 elements...now Is there any way
that I can keep some xml validations(lets say validation for 2 elelments ) in
schema and other xml validations in DTD ...pls dont annoy at me...i have
bsuiness requiremnt from my client like this only....i cant help it.....

i have heard it some where that some parsers provide partial validation but i
am using xerces parser...

plz help me....

thanks

Forwarded message 1

I konw that i can refer both to DTD and schema from same xml document (using
DOCTYPE and schemanamespaces)..

But my question was different....sorry my fault.....ok let me reframe my
question...

lets say i have any xml document which has 4 elements...now Is there any way
that I can keep some xml validations(lets say validation for 2 elelments ) in
schema and other xml validations in DTD ...pls dont annoy at me...i have
bsuiness requiremnt from my client like this only....i cant help it.....

i have  heard it some where that some parsers provide partial validation but i
am using xerces parser...

plz help me....

thanks

ht@cogsci.ed.ac.uk (Henry S. Thompson) wrote:
DTD processing and XML Schema processing are completely independent,
hence combinable:  just make sure your schema processor includes a
validating XML parser as its first stage.