Re: Updated schema for the XML namespace?

From: Eric van der Vlist <vdv@dyomedea.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2001 13:06:06 +0100
To: "Henry S. Thompson" <ht@cogsci.ed.ac.uk>
Cc: xmlschema-dev@w3.org
Henry S. Thompson wrote:

> But 'cool URLs don't change', and as there are still lots of last-call
> version W3C XML Schema documents out there which use the last-call
> schema for schemas (at http://www.w3.org/2000/10/XMLSchema.xsd) which
> in turn references that (http://www.w3.org/XML/1998/namespace.xsd), it
> would be bad net citizenship to change it.

I see your point... Isn't it a reason why using a namespace URI to point
a schema is not good practice (you need to change this URI when you
change the version of schema language)?

A good net citizenship could be to give the list of all the schemas (for
the different version of schema language) in a RDDL document ;=) ...

Thanks for your answer,

Eric

--
Rendez-vous a Paris pour les Electronic Business Days 2002.
                                   http://www.edifrance.org/ebd/index.htm