W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > xmlschema-dev@w3.org > December 2001

Re[2]: Keyref not working in MSXML4 - is it correct?

From: Kevin Burges <xmldude@burieddreams.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 08:56:34 +0000
Message-ID: <493900330.20011212085634@burieddreams.com>
To: Eddie Robertsson <eddie@allette.com.au>
CC: Jeni Tennison <jeni@jenitennison.com>, xmlschema-dev@w3.org


ER> I've experienced this problem with MSXML4 before and I've found that the problem
ER> actually is with the types xs:ID and xs:IDREF.
ER> I saw that you used these in your document as the types for the attributes ID and
ER> FormID and that's what's causing the problem. Do you really need to use xs:ID and
ER> xs:IDREF or can you just use xs:string?

That's an interesting one. It does indeed work fine if I make the
attributes xs:string. I can change it to xs:string until MSXML gets
fixed, but xs:ID and xs:IDREF are better for me because it means if I
manually edit a document in XMLSpy, it can give me a list of the IDs
in the document when filling in the IDREF.

Ideally XMLSpy would be able to do this from keys/keyrefs also, but
not at the moment. I have asked them for this in a future version.

-- 
groovy baby,
 Kevin                            mailto:xmldude@burieddreams.com

+++++++++++++ Cool music - http://mp3.com/marshan
++ Attitude Rock Webzine - http://burieddreams.com/attitude
Received on Wednesday, 12 December 2001 03:59:19 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 11 January 2011 00:14:25 GMT