Restricting text in mixed content element

From: <richard.liu@ubs.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2001 10:44:23 -0500 (EST)
TO: xmlschema-dev@w3.org
I am using XML Spy.

I have a mixed-content element.  I would like to restrict the text in the
element.  Specifically, I would like to exclude the square brackets.

I tried defining a datatype that restricts xs:string, then extending that to
the element in question.  That seems to work except when an occurrence of the
element contains not only text, but also some of the other elements that are
permitted.

Am I misunderstanding something, or is there a bug in XML Spy?

Richard R. Liu
eBS - Publishing
UBS AG
Hochstr. 16, 2149