Re: DTD to Schema converter

From: Jeni Tennison <jeni@jenitennison.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 21:43:30 +0000
To: Stanley Guan <Stanley.Guan@oracle.com>
CC: xmlschema-dev@w3.org
Hi Stanley,

> An element with content model 'ANY ' specifies that the element
> matches any kind of child elements that have been declared.

As I understand it, elements with ANY content can have *any* content,
*including* text content. It isn't restricted to only elements in the
content. All the XML Recommendation says for elements with ANY content
is that the types of any child elements must have been declared. It
doesn't say anything about not allowing text content.

Cheers,

Jeni

---
Jeni Tennison